Image of 3 objects including (from top left) a fragment of glass cameo decorated with horses, a small seal, and a large seal. On the back of the album print the left hand objects are marked ‘260’ [actually 273], and the right seal is marked ‘295’.
Meroë sites 273 & 295: 'Seals and fragment of intaglio'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/D/41/a
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 D.41GB 3431 M.845(1)
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
The image of the cameo was published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 99, labelled ‘292-3’. Full description of the cameo can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p 127, find reference 272-3.