Image of two 'restored' sandstone sculptures on the tank wall of site 195, comprising a headless statue of a seat lion and a statue of a pan pipe player. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print L73'. Album print marked 'M13'.
Meroë site 195: restoration of tank sculptures
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/L/73
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 L.73GB 3431 M.160
- Dates of Creation1913
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (101mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Extensive silvering at the edge of the negative.
The statues are still in situ at Meroë.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Image published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 52, labelled '195-37(S) (left). 195-38(S) (centre). Full description of the objects can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol.1, p85, reference 195-37 and 195-38.