Image of a statue of boy holding an aulos found in the tank at site 195 ('Royal Baths'), taken on site. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print L49'. Album print labelled 'Piper statue as found'.
Meroë site 195: 'Piper Statue as Found'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/L/49
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 L.49GB 3431 M.143
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
Scope and Content
The statue is now held in the Petrie Museum, University College, London (UC8964). The head of the statue is missing.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the statue can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. I, p79, reference 195-2(S).