Image of a stone block from tomb 340 with a very faint cursive Meroitic inscription. '340 M10' is written on the negative. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album V37, Meroë 340 M10'.
Meroë tomb 340: Meroitic Inscription
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/V/37
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 V.37GB 3431 M.529
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (126mm x 101mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. LVIII.1, labelled 'Cursive inscription (44) from tomb 340; Leclant (ed.), (1980), Répertoire d'épigraphie méroïtique, No. 444.