Image of four fragments of a relief representing Prince Akinidad/King Areq discovered north of the cella on top of the upper podium of the 'Sun Temple' (site 250). taken under a cover. Believed to show the prince, whose name and titles are displayed behind his head, receiving life from a deity. '250 M10' is written on negative.
Meroë site 250: King Areq Relief
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/F/12/b
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 F.12GB 3431 M.211(2)
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (179mm x 125mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
There is no album print of this image.
Now held by the Ashmolean Museum, Oxford.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the relief can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p 105 and p113, find reference 250-3; Leclant (ed.), (1980), Répertoire d'épigraphie méroïtique, REM 0402.