Images of fragments of a bronze lamp discovered in tomb 800 or 803, including the hook, lamp and base. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë P2 47, 800 M11, 2 negatives'.
Meroë tomb 800/803: bronze lamp
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/PA/47/a
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 P2.47GB 3431 M.613
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (124mm x 188mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 239, labelled 'Grave M803. fragments of bronze hanging lamp: base (left), Lamp (centre), hook (top).' Full description of the lamp can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, pp.274-275.