Image of an offering tablet discovered blocking the entrance of tomb 326, depicting the gods Nephthys and Anubis making offerings onto round depression. There is a worn cursive Meroitic inscription around the edge. '326' is written on the negative.
Meroë tomb 326: offering tablet
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/V/70
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 V.70GB 3431 M.527
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (101mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl.LVII.6, labelled 'inscribed altar (No. 42) from tomb 326'; Leclant (ed.), (1980), Répertoire d'épigraphie méroïtique, REM 0442.