Image of a glass paste copy of the glass figure of Amun discovered at site 262 (Temple of Amun) (262-1). Handwritten note with negative states Meroë City etc. Pl. X D13'. Album print marked '262 M'.
Meroë site 262: Copy of glass figure of Amun
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/D/13
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 D.13GB 3431 M.296
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (125mm x 176mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Emulsion of the negative is discoloured and yellowing. Glass is slightly broken on one side of the negative. Marked by finger prints.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. X.3, labelled ‘glass paste cameo, from tomb chamber 262’. Full description of the object can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p124.