Image of visitors to the excavations of Meroë. Appears to include Sir Reginald Wingate, Governor General of Sudan, and Midwinter Bey, Director of Sudan Railways with other officials. The dig house can be seen in the background.
Meroë: Visitors to camp
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/ZZ/9
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 ZZ.9GB 3431 M.1199
- Dates of Creation[1911-1914]
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Negative is water damaged and the image is warped.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.