Images of visitors looking at offering jars near the camp at Meroë. Appears to be Lord Herbert Kitchener and Lady Catherine Wingate who visited in 1911. Professor Reginald Sayce and Robert Elcum Horsfall are also in the picture.
Meroë: Visitors to camp
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/ZZ/7
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 ZZ.7GB 3431 M.1197
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Silvering of the emulsion around the edge of the negative. There are fingerprints in the emulsion.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.