Image of a votive tablet found at tomb 505, depicting two vases libating onto an altar, flanked by lotus plants. There is a cursive Meroitic inscription around the edge. '505 M10' is written on the negative. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album V82 Meroë 505 M10'.
Meroë tomb 505: offering tablet
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/V/82
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 V.82GB 3431 M.555
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (101mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. LV.4, labelled 'Altar with inscription (no. 24) from tomb 505'; Leclant (ed.), (1980), Répertoire d'épigraphie méroïtique, REM 0424.