Close-up of 3 cartouches containing the name and titles of King Areq/Prince Akinidad discovered at site 250 (Sun Temple). Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë City etc. Pl. XXXV.1, portion enlarged, Box II'. '250 M10' is written on negative.
Meroë site 250: King Areq Relief cartouches
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/F/13
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 F.13GB 3431 M.212
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (125mm x 179mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Now held by the Ashmolean Museum, Oxford.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the relief can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p 105 and p113, find reference 250-3; Leclant (ed.), (1980), Répertoire d'épigraphie méroïtique, REM 0402.