Close-up of a relief on the 'high altar' featuring a representation of Hapi, Egyptian Nile god, found at site 261 (Temple of Amun). Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë D11, Pl 2 VIII' Album print marked '261 M'.
Meroë site 261: 'Hapi'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/D/11
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 D.11GB 3431 M.288
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (179mm x 130mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. VII.2, labelled ‘reliefs decorating the high altar’.