Image of the double blocked entrance discovered in tomb 307, including various votive tablets/funerary stele. '307 M10' is written on the negative. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print P28'.
Meroë tomb 307: entrance
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/P/28
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 P.28GB 3431 M.505
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (175mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Emulsion of the negative is yellowing. There is a fingerprint in the emulsion on the top left of the image.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl.XL.1, labelled 'Entrance, showing double passage and doors closed with funerary stela'.