Image of the chambers and altar discovered at site 600 (Isis Temple). John Garstang and boy are in the foreground. Handwritten note with negative states '600 M10, Slide 40, MI photo 10B' Note on album print states 'chambers in the Kenisch after excavation. Note the altar found in the chamber (L).'
Meroë site 600: chambers and altar
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/B/10
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 B.10GB 3431 M.563
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (175mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Image published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, Pl. XVI.2, labelled ‘View showing the southern chambers (from same point)’.