Image of an inscription on a sculptured granite cornerstone at Aintab (Gaziantep, Turkey). Includes handwritten note stating 'A3 Slide 6. [retained] for expedition'.
Aintab No. 1: 'Aintab Inscription on Corner Stone'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/HIT/AI/1
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 HIT/AI/001
- Dates of Creation1907
- Language of MaterialHittite
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (179mm x 129mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1908), 'Notes on a journey through Asia Minor', Liverpool Annals of Archaeology & Anthropology, vol.1, plate X; Garstang (1910), Land of the Hittites, plate XLI.