Image of the far right of a relief on the west side of the lower podium of the ‘Sun Temple’ discovered at site 250, thought to depict soldiers on foot and riding horses heading towards a kiosk with four columns. Album print marked '250 M11'.
Meroë site 250: Processional Relief (right)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/F/25
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 F.25GB 3431 M.224
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the relief can be found in Török (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p108. Image published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 81, labelled 'M250 Lower podium, w front detail of relief'.