Image of a sculpture of a sphinx which formed part of the portico discovered in the mound of Jobba Eyuk (Coba Höyük) near Sakje Geuzi (Sakçagözü, Turkey).
Sakje Geuzi No. 43: 'Sphinx base'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/SG/56
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 H08 99
- Dates of Creation1908
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (180mm x 130mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Some spotting to the emulsion.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1908), ‘Excavations at Sakje-Geuzi, in North Syria: Preliminary report for 1908’, Liverpool Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology, Vol. 1, plate XLII.1; Garstang, (1910), Land of the Hittites, plate LXXXII; Garstang, (1929), Hittite Empire, plate L.