Image of the discovery of the tank wall and fragments of sculptures at site 195 ('Royal Baths'). John Garstang can be seen standing at the top of the trench. A track for debris removal can be seen at the side of the trench. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Album L17'. Album print marked '194 M12'
Meroë site 195: Discovery of the tank wall
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/L/16
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 L.16GB 3431 M.110
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.