Image of three sandstone votive trays, including two from site 261 (left and centre) and one from site 6 (right). Various pottery jars can be seen in the background. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album N2 58, 6 M10, 250 Meroë'.
Meroë: Votive trays
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/NA/58
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 N2.58GB 3431 M.26
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (120mm x 89mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The votive tray from site 6 is now in the Bruxelles Musées Royaux d'Art et d'Histoire, Brussels, (E.3981).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl.X.4. Full description of the tray from site 6 can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p48-49, find reference 6-2.