Image of artefacts found in site 294, including 3 gold necklace spacers inscribed with names of King Aramatelqo and King Malonaqen, 3 spiral rings, and a bronze plated seals. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album H2 10 (print slight different see H8, 299 M11, 2 slightly different negatives in H2 10' and on reverse 'Print in album similar to these, Slide 48 (or 43) M4, Meroë 294 M11, reverse="C" of Print H8, gold jewels + rings'.
Meroë site 294: Gold and bronze objects
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/HA/10/a
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 H2.10GB 3431 M.858
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
One of the spacers is now in The Brooklyn Museum, Charles Wilbor Fund (49.29). One spacer and a ring are now in the National Museum of Sudan, Khartoum, (511/1).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the objects can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol.1, pp160-161.