Image looking along street 900 after excavation, showing mud brick walls; steps leading to buildings from the street; and remains of capitals along the wall. Workmen can be seen in the background moving waste with mine cars on a track. Handwritten note with negative states ‘Mero R31 900 M14’.
Meroë street 900: after clearing
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/R/31
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 R.31GB 3431 M.645
- Dates of Creation1914
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (214mm x 163mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Poor negative. Extensive silvering of the emulsion and chips in the glass. A glue like substance has been dropped on the glass.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.