Image of sites 292 (left) and 298 (right) from the south after excavation. The shelter built to protect wall paintings in 292 can be seen. The aerial railway for moving debris around the site can be seen above. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë J2 13, 298 M11'. Album print marked 'Slide M3' and 'Meroë 1911 298'. The bottom right corner of the print is marked 'silver'.
Meroë site 298: excavation
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/JA/13
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 J2.13GB 3431 M.472
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The album print was digitised to show where 'silver' was marked on the album print.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 108, labelled M292 (left) and M 298 (right) from S'.