Image of site 194 ('Royal Baths') during excavation, showing what Garstang believed was a tepidarium, with seats decorated with griffins and various pieces of sculpture. John Garstang can be seen in the background supervising the excavation of another site. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print L1'.
Meroë site 194: Tepidarium
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/L/13
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 L.13GB 3431 M.108
- Dates of Creation1912
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Black tape has been stuck around the edge of the negative.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.