Image of the inscriptions on bottom and top of the pieces of the stone discovered at Tyana (near Kemerhisar, Turkey), attributed to Midas. Includes handwritten note stating ‘Inscription on bottom and top of same stone 17 A4’.
Tyana No. 2 'Inscription above + below that of Midas'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/HIT/TY/2
- Dates of Creation1907
- Language of MaterialGreek (Ancient)
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (125mm x 100mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1908) 'Notes on a journey through Asia Minor', Liverpool Annals of Archaeology & Anthropology, Vol. 1, plate XIII.2. More information on the inscription can be found in Myers, (1908), ‘Midas beyond Halys: a further note on the black stone from Tyana’, Liverpool Annals of Archaeology & Anthropology, Vol.1, pp 13-16.