Image of a stone wall at site 960 showing various decorated stone carvings. There is a woman to the right of the picture (possibly Mrs Garstang). Album print marked '960 M13'. Török suggests this image was taken at the eastern enclosure wall near site 260.
Meroë site 960: wall and statue fragments
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/H/35
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 H.35GB 3431 M.721
- Dates of Creation1913
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
There is extensive silvering around the edge of the emulsion. Part of the emulsion has been scratched from the glass.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl.177 labelled ‘Inner face of Eastern Enclosure Wall S of the Amun Temple M 260 (?)’.