Image of the unblocked entrance to tomb 3, showing a double entrance. Broken pottery can be seen in front of the entrance. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print P 53'. Album print marked '3 M10'.
Meroë tomb 3: double entrance
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/P/53
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 P.53GB 3431 M.15
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (175mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Poor image. Looks as though something has been sitting on the negative and marked the emulsion.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl.XXXVI.4, labelled 'Entrance cleared showing two doors'.