General view of the desert above Dakka, showing the mounds where Garstang’s discovered burials (left centre) and the location of the stone chamber in site D5 (left). Handwritten note with negatives states 'Nubia album small plates photo 322/4 D'06M.5.4 photo 64'. Album print marked '322/4 D06' and 'M.5.4'
Dakkeh: stony desert, site of graves'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/K/3/5/4
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 D.2GB 3431 M.5.4
- Dates of Creation1906
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (125mm x 100mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Streaks in the image are caused by light leakage when the negative was created.
Conditions Governing Use
Garstang's copyright expires in 2026 (70 years after his death). The copyright of the digital images lie with the University of Liverpool.