Image of 4 pottery stands of red burnished pottery, decorated with pattern painted in white line found at tombs 8 (left), 5 (left centre), and 307 (right centre and right). Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë 1910 Album N2 41, pottery'. Album print labelled 'Meroë Pottery Types'.
Meroë: 'Pottery Types'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/NA/41
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 N2.41GB 3431 M.899
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (120mm x 89mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Red paint has been used on the emulsion to cover the background and highlight the objects. A corner of the glass is broken.
The stand second from the right is now held by the British Museum (EA65357).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl.XLII.3. Illustration of the pots can be found on pl. XLV.23-26.