Image of a very worn offering tablet discovered in tomb 310. The tablet depicts two libation vessels, next to an altar with a depression above it, flanked by lotus flowers. There is a very worn Greek inscription around the edge. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album V67 310 M10'.
Meroë tomb 310: offering tablet
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/V/67
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 V.67GB 3431 M.520
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (101mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The digital image is upside down to true aspect so the relief can be seen.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the tablet can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1 p. 268; Leclant (ed.), (1980), Répertoire d'épigraphie méroïtique, No. 0439.