Image of a green-glazed faïence cylinder with a flat base found at site 200, decorated with a lion trampling a cobra. Album print marked '200 M14'.
Meroë site 200: Fragment of faïence cylinder
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/GA/15
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 GA.15GB 3431 M.190
- Dates of Creation1914
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (108mm x 81mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Emulsion of the negative is cracked at the edge of the glass.
The object is now held by the Toronto Royal Ontario Museum (921.4.1).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 61, labelled ‘200-1’. Full description in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol.1, p.100, find reference 200-1.