Image of a relief discovered at site 291, depicting bound captives. Note with album print states 'sculptures of prisoners. Small temple W. Of the city'. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print K3'. Album print marked '291 M10'.
Meroë site 291: 'sculptures of prisoners'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/K/3
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 K3.GB 3431 M.362
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (180mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911),Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. XIII, labelled 'Relief of prisoners, pylon, 291'.