Image of cartouches 9-12 discovered on the eastern façade of the 'Sun Temple' (site 250). Album print labelled 'List of Foreign Lands'. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë F8 Pl. XXXIVI'. Album print marked '250 M10'.
Meroë site 250: 'List of Foreign Lands'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/F/8
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 F.8GB 3431 M.207
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (179mm x 130mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl. XXXIV.1, labelled 'cartouches in Meroitic hieroglyphs from south side of eastern façade'. [marked as inscriptions 9-12].