Image of a bag of soil being moved using an 'aerial railway', a system of pulleys for moving debris around excavation sites used during John Garstang's excavations from 1911. It is not clear which site this image was taken at but it is likely to be Sakçagözü, Turkey.
Aerial railway in use
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/X/6/2
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 Misc F39GB 3431 MISC/F/40
- Dates of Creation[1911-1914]
- Physical Description1 cellulose acetate film negative (120mm x 90mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Formerly stored in JG/X/9/5.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Negative has light scratches and is warped.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.