Image of a decorated campaniform capital discovered at site 897. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë R8 897 M14'. Album print labelled 'Capital in 897 M14'. Print marked '897 M14'. Török states the capital is from site 893.
Meroë: 'Capital in 897 M14'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/R/8
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 R.8GB 3431 M.634
- Dates of Creation1914
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (167mm x 120mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
A small piece of emulsion is missing from the negative.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl.159 labelled '893-1'. Full description of item can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol.1 p.189, find reference 893-1.