Image of a votive tablet found blocking the entrance of tomb 307, with a very faint relief depicting the gods [Nephthys?] and Anubis making offerings on to an altar. There is a very faint Meroitic inscription around the edge. Handwritten note with negative states 'Album V63, Meroë 307 M10, 2 pl. 59'.
Meroë tomb 307: offering tablet
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/V/63
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 V.63GB 3431 M.513
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (89mm x 120mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The digital image is upside down to true aspect so the relief can be seen.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl.LIX.2, labelled 'Altar with inscription (no. 49) from tomb 307'.