Image of two glazed faïence objects found at either site 924 or 943, including a footed bowl decorated with the figures of a lion and a crocodile; and spouted vessel (possibly a libation vase). Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroe N2 Album N2 1, 924 M13, slide 48 M3', though the image is labelled as 943 in publications.
Meroë: Faïence objects
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/NA/1
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 N2.1GB 3431 M.664
- Dates of Creation1913
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (126mm x 101mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1914), 'Fourth interim report on the excavations of Meroë', Liverpool Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology, Vol. VI, pl. IV.5. Full description of the objects can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p206, find references 943-13 and 943-16.