Image the excavation of the tank at site 195 (‘Royal Baths’), showing John Garstang, Marie Garstang and [Robert Ludwig Mond?] sorting through statue fragments. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Print L33'. Album print marked 'Slide 80 M4' and '194 M12'.
Meroë site 195: Tank
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/L/33
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 L.33GB 3431 M.127
- Dates of Creation1912
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The print is missing from the album.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1913), ‘Third interim Report on the Excavations of Meroë in Ethiopia', Liverpool Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology, Vol. V, pl. VIII.2, labelled 'The swimming and shower bath'.