Image of three bronze figures discovered at site 924a, including (from left) a small lying goat or gazelle; a winged cupid; and a sphinx on a pedestal. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë Album N2 11, 924a M13'. Album print marked '692/582 924a'.
Meroë site 924a: bronze figures
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/NA/11
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 N2.11GB 3431 M.673
- Dates of Creation1913
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (126mm x 101mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Emulsion is chipped around the edge of the negative.
The cupid figure is now held by the Petrie Museum, University College London (UC43961).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl.189, labelled ‘924/a-f (right). 924/a-g (centre). 924/a-h (left)’. Full description of the objects in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol.1 p231.