Image of pottery finds from the necropolis, including one small necked jar (Tomb 15); two large necked jars (left, tomb 300; right, Tomb 3); and a pottery stand of red burnish pottery decorated with a pattern painted in a white line (Tomb 8). Album print marked 'M10'.
Meroë: Jars and pottery stand
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/N/17
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 N.17GB 3431 M.1070
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 developing out paper print (163mm x 121mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
There is no original negative of this image. There is a 35mm negative of the album print.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Images in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, including photograph of jars pl. XLI.1; illustration of jars, pl. XLIII, 6,1, and 4; illustration of stand, pl. XLV.23.