Image taken on site in natural light of the full face of the head of Augustus, found at site 292.
Meroë site 292: ‘Augustus Head: Full'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/AA/47
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 AA.47GB 3431 M.822
- Dates of Creation[1910-1911]
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (101mm x 116mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Extensive silvering of emulsion. Emulsion is chipped and starting to come away from the edge of the glass.
The Meroë head is held by the British Museum (GR 1911.9-1.1).
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.