Image of 11 objects from site 298, including (from top left) fragment of a stone axe head; conical faïence vessel; stone grinder; faïence votive sistrum; conical pottery object; stone object; fragments of faïence grape clusters; a hand-shaped object; and a model knife. Album print marked '298 M11' though Törörk states the objects are from site 299.
Meroë sites 298/299: Various objects
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/J/21/b
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 J.21GB 3431 M.469
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
There is no print of this image.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
The original negative is out of focus.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Full description of the objects can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 1, p169, find reference 299-7 and 299-8.