Image of a group of 4 men, 2 with pickaxes [possibly excavators]. Possibly taken during John Garstang's tour of Anatolia in 1907 or during excavations at Sakçagözü. Turkey.
Group of Excavators
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/HIT/Z/48
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 Misc G12GB 3431 MISC/G/12
- Dates of Creation[1907-1911]
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (120mm x 90mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Formerly stored in JG/X/9/8.
Formerly numbered MISC/G/12. Transferred to the HIT collection in November 2015.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Negative has light discolouration around the edges and some emulsion is starting to peel away from the glass
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.