Close-up image of part of the ‘scene of victory’ relief on the south side of the lower podium of the ‘Sun Temple’ at site 250, depicting showing two soldiers using an axe and dagger. Handwritten note with negative states 'Meroë F43 Pl XXXIII.2'. Album print marked '250 M10'.
Meroë site 250: Sun Temple S. Wall'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/F/43
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 F.43GB 3431 M.235
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (120mm x 90mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl.XXXIII.2, labelled 'detail of armour, S. wall'; Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl.72, labelled 'M 250. Lower podium, S front, detail of massacre relief'.