Image of 3 fragments of faïence pottery with inscriptions from site 294, including (left to right), two fragments of an ointment jar inscribed for King Aspelta and a fragment possibly from a statuette featuring a cartouche of King Aspelta. Album print marked '294 M11'.
Meroë site 294: Inscribed faïence fragments
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/H/15
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 H.15GB 3431 M.417
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City,Vol. 2, pl. 119, labelled ‘294-67 = inscr. 1 and 2 (left and centre). 294-68 =inscr. 67c.’. Full description of the objects can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol.1, p.157.