Image of a very worn votive tablet found blocking the door of tomb 326, appearing to depict two figures making an offering onto an altar. There is a cursive Meroitic inscription around the edge. '362' is written on the negative. Handwritten not with negative states 'Album V77 Meroë 362 M10'.
Meroë tomb 362: offering tablet
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/V/77
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 V.77GB 3431 M.537
- Dates of Creation1910
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (101mm x 126mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
The digital image is upside down to true aspect so the relief can be seen.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Negative is very damaged and the emulsion is rippled and discoloured. Negative appears to have deteriorated since the album print was taken.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, pl.LVIII.2, labelled 'Altar with inscription (45) from tomb 362'.