Image of 5 bronze objects from site 294, including (from top left) inlay designed in the shape of Khonsu; inlay representing Khuum, Lord of Hermopolis; votive plaque featuring a cartouche topped by a sun disk; inlay in the shape of a scorpion; and cartouche inlay with the name of Amun and topped with Amun's plumes and Sun Disk. Album print marked '294 M11'.
Meroë site 294: Bronze Objects
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/H/19
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 H.19GB 3431 M.420
- Dates of Creation1911
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (188mm x 124mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol. 2, pl. 122 labelled ‘294-106 = inscr. 6 (top left). 294-107 = inscr. 7 (top right). 294-108 = inscr.5 (bottom left). 294-109 (bottom centre). 294-110 = inscr. 8 (bottom right). Full description of the objects can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol.1, pp.158-159.