Image of the site 280 (the 'Ptolemaic temple') after clearing, showing ram statues and John Garstang. '280 M09' is written on negative. Handwritten note with print states ‘Meroë Print D3’. Album print marked '280 M09'.
Meroë site 280: 'Ptolemaic Temple'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/D/3
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 D.3GB 3431 M.338
- Dates of Creation1909
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (179mm x 128mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Garstang, (1911), Meroë: City of the Ethiopians, Pl. VI.1, labelled as ‘fore-kiosk after excavation, and avenue of stone rams’.