Image of site 964 from above, showing what Garstang believed were astronomical observation stones and steps leading down to a tank. Album print marked 'Meroë'. Handwritten note with negative states ‘Meroë Album T26’ and ‘964 M14 observatory’ in another hand.
Meroë site 964: 'observing' stones and steps to tank
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/T/26
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 T.26GB 3431 M.726
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (214mm x 163mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Some substance has been splashed onto the negative which has slight eroded the emulsion.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.