Image of a pottery votive axe and fragment of a statuette of a woman (possibly the goddess Isis) discovered at site 897. Note with album print states 'votive axe in pottery'. Print also marked '897 M14'.
Meroë site 897: Votive axe and statuette fragment
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/M/GA/37
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 GA.37GB 3431 M.642
- Dates of Creation1914
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (108mm x 81mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Emulsion has bubbled slightly at the edge of the negative.
Conditions Governing Use
The digital image is copyright of the University of Liverpool.
Published in Török, (1997), Meroë City ,Vol. 2, pl. 181 labelled '897-8 (right), 897-9 (left)’. Full description of the objects can be found in Török, (1997), Meroë City, Vol.1, p.190.